Tuesday 5 May 2015

LEMON SPONGE CAKE ~ EGGLESS

I could not think of anything else for L other than Lemon and it had to be Lemon Sponge Cake. Our neighbors have a lime tree and most of the tree has come over our side of the fence. My kitchen window and door leads on to this and when I am chatting with Amma or pass that way, I make sure I look at the tree and check out how the limes are turning out.

This is the first year we actually saw it cropping it. And my neighbour promptly comes with a stick to get the yield. Those fresh limes look so big and good. So of the days last week as I was passing by one big was nearly reaching out and I couldn't stop myself from plucking it. The fragrance was so tantalizing and inducing. I was planning on making fresh juice from it, then suddenly this cake came to mind and I had to use it.
I mistakenly added more sugar and the heavy lemon essence with the sweet was a deadly combination.

I am surely planning to bake this again with less sugar.

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless



Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless

Eggless Lemon Sponge Cake

Ingredients Needed

All purpose Flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tps
Butter - 1/4 cup
Sugar, powdered - 1/4 cup
Condensed Milk - 2 tsp
Lemon rind - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Hot water / Hot milk - - 1/4 cup

6x 3 Inch round pan

How to bake the Lemon Cake

Extract the lemon juice and keep it ready.

Sift the flour with baking powder.

Powder the sugar and add condensed milk, melted butter. Mix well. Now, grate the lemon directly over this so that the oil gets back to the sugar.

Finally add the lemon juice. Mix everything well. Now slowly fold in the flour and mix in gently.

Now add hot water to get the batter to flowing consistency. Transfer to a greased baking pan.

Pre heat the oven at 185 C, bake for 30 - 40 mins.

Cool and serve
Lemon Sponge Cake ~ Eggless




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

All content at imdelgado fasion style was found freely distributed on the internet and is presented for informational purposes only.
Images / photos / videos found in this site reserved by its respective owners.
We does not upload or host any files.
Home | DMCA | Contact