Friday 23 October 2015

[Beauty] {The Weekly Wash Project} Pre-poo scalp stimulation ritual

imdelgado.blogspot.com - This week I realized that my scalp, which was once a major concern, has been giving me almost no trouble at all. On the one hand, this is a good thing. On the other, I've been ignoring my scalp. Although I'm grateful to have one less concern to worry about, I also realize that, if left alone, eventually I will experience the side effects of not caring for my scalp.

So I decided to take matters into my own hands. I opted to proactively add a permanent step to my wash routine to care for my scalp. Thinking ahead to fall season, I know that two scalp related concerns may surface.

1. Shedding
2. Flaking/peeling

For me, one solution to both of these problems came in the form of essential oils. Back when my scalp issue was at its worst, I would use essential oils almost daily. Now, I'm going to experiment with adding an essential & carrier oil scalp massage every week as a part of my pre-poo step.

Last night, before heading to bed, I mixed a little eucalyptus oil and coconut oil together. I parted my hair in small sections and applied the blend directly to my scalp and hair. Then I put on a plastic cap and called it a night. I can't tell you how much I love feeling a tingling sensation on my scalp. Makes me feel like my hair follicles are coming alive!

{The Weekly Wash Project} Pre-poo scalp stimulation ritual

Adding this step as a part of my weekly wash routine will give me several benefits. Let's discuss:

+ Scalp stimulation to help promote growth.
+ Reduction in shedding.
+Less flaking/peeling
+Eucalyptus oil helps increase ceramide levels in the hair strand.

There's no reason for me not to do this. Back in the day, when my scalp was misbehaving, I would use essential oils several times a week. As a side effect, I would often walk around smelling medicated. My hope is that the weekly ritual will be enough to address any issue so I don't have to resort to doing it multiple times a week. This a proactive approach. Hopefully with this weekly scalp stimulation ritual (and by drinking lots of water), I'll be able to keep my scalp healthy throughout fall and winter.


other source : http://cnn.com, http://relaxedhairhealth.blogspot.com, http://merdeka.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

All content at imdelgado fasion style was found freely distributed on the internet and is presented for informational purposes only.
Images / photos / videos found in this site reserved by its respective owners.
We does not upload or host any files.
Home | DMCA | Contact