Sunday 8 November 2015

Sundried Tomato Tapenade Recipe - Italian dip

imdelgado.blogspot.com - By popular demand, I'm presenting below my severely addictive recipe for Sundried Tomato Tapenade. It's super easy to make and is a great potluck dish to take to your next party.
Sundried Tomato Tapenade Recipe
First, in light of my linguistic leanings, here's how to pronounce tapenade. It sounds like "TOP - n - ODD". It's from French via Provence, so think of your best French accent when you say it. I find it interesting that the word comes from the French word for capers.

Technically, a tapenade is a paste made of capers, black olives and anchovies. I won't subject you to using anchovies in my recipe; instead, I use sundried tomatoes.

I devised this recipe a few years ago after a trip to see my "Evil Twin Sister" who lives in Sacramento, California. She took me to the Amador County wine region, one of our favorite activities. During a visit to the Vino Noceto Winery, I discovered this delicious treat in their wine-tasting room.

I asked for the recipe, and it turned out they had bought it at a local store in a nearby town. I think the name of the town was Plymouth and the store might have been called the General Store or Amador Market. In any case, the town isn't very large and it would be easy to locate the store were you to go there. If anyone goes there or knows the name of this store, please leave me a comment below.

I bought a carton of the tapenade there, which was produced locally by a caterer, I believe. I noted the ingredients in my journal during my visit. When I returned home I set about determining the proportions.

One notable thing about this recipe is that I use jarred sundried tomatoes in seasoned olive oil. I don't usually open a jar for my recipes, but it turns out so well in this case. The seasoning in the oil becomes the seasoning for the tapenade. I've tried using plain sundried tomatoes then adding olive oil, herbs and spices, but using the jarred tomatoes is so much easier and usually tastes better since the tomatoes have been marinating in the oil for a period of time.

The instructions couldn't be easier. Pour off the oil from the tomatoes into a small bowl and reserve. Then just dump the drained tomatoes, pitted olives (green or black), capers and garlic cloves into your food processor. Remove any bay leaves, whole allspice or other seasonings that shouldn't be included.Sundried Tomato Tapenade Recipe
Pulse until the tapenade is smooth and the consistency of hummus or fresh peanut butter. To achieve the right consistency, you may have to add some or all of the reserved oil. Use any leftover oil to make homemade salad dressing, bread dip or meat marinade.

This photo shows the correct consistency on the left. On the right is a sample of how it looks if you don't have enough oil.

Sundried Tomato Tapenade Recipe
If you get too much oil in the tapenade, it will pool in the serving bowl a little around the edges. In this case you can just leave it there - or drain it off if it bothers you.

Serve the tapenade right away as a dip with crackers, or spread it on toasted baguette slices as a topping for crostini.

You can make this ahead and store in the refrigerator for a couple of days before you serve it. A word of caution, however: the flavor of the capers will greatly intensify during storage, so go light on the capers in this case.

This tapenade is very hearty, so you can pair it with a full-bodied, dry red wine.

====
Sundried Tomato Tapenade Recipe
Ingredients:
1 12-oz jar sundried tomatoes in olive oil with Italian or Mediterranean seasoning
25 olives, any type, pitted
1 tablespoon capers, drained
3 cloves garlic, peeled

Pour oil off the tomatoes into a small bowl and reserve.

Put everything into the food processor. Remove bay leaves, whole allspice or any other coarse seasoning that may have been in the tomatoes and shouldn't be ground up in the tapenade. Pulse for about 30 seconds until smooth and spreadable. Add reserved oil in small increments as needed to achieve a smooth texture.

Serve immediately on toast or as a dip for crackers. Stores up to three days in the refrigerator tightly sealed.
====

Let me know if you make this and what you think of it!

Photo for No Apparent Reason:
Sundried Tomato Tapenade Recipe

other source : http://komnatachista.blogspot.com, http://cnn.com, http://liputan6.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

All content at imdelgado fasion style was found freely distributed on the internet and is presented for informational purposes only.
Images / photos / videos found in this site reserved by its respective owners.
We does not upload or host any files.
Home | DMCA | Contact