Sunday 30 November 2014

On the 12th day of Christmas

12 Days of Christmas. 359 likes. We invite you to share in a family tradition as we enter the Christmas Season and strive to remember the true meaning of... 3DC - Damon, Devon, Dantanie and Chris Barajas with their kid-friendly hip hop take on an old Christmas classic. For more information Information about The Twelve Days of Christmas, the time between Christmas and Epiphany, as well as suggested ways to use the the popular song to teach basics of the

You know the song…I feel it’s a little extravagant – 12 maids a milkin’ – who needs 12?? That’s some gift. I’m one maid a milkin’ and I’m getting a little over 2 and a half litres a day… from myself … which is more then enough for my son. But wait – that’s not what I wanted to discuss today. Today I am talking about Christmas, the art of giving and excessiveness.

I think in today's society we go a little over the top when it comes to Christmas - it isn't so much about the birth of Jesus Christ, but how much your child wakes up to under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning (not to mention how much it cost)!

Our son is 7 months old. How much does a 7 month old really need?

This Christmas I want to try and scale back on the gifts - and think more about the gift of giving... Giving up some time to go and visit elderly relatives… Giving some homemade biscuits as gifts to friends… Giving some money to charity to help those less fortunate then us.

It isn't about how much you have or how much you have to give - but more about the fact that you are thinking of others.

I want my son to know the story of Christmas - and I am not talking about the Jolly Red Man coming in his slay with the reindeer to deliver presents. I am talking about the birth of Jesus. I know that everyone isn't Catholic or Christian - but that's really what this day is about.

This Christmas I am getting Mr Moo a good outfit for Christmas Day, a few books, some summer pjs and a little plane that he can push (to practice walking) and then also ride on when he gets a bit bigger. I think this is enough - especially seeing as I can see he will be more interested in the paper then the presents.

He is a big fan of the junk mail at the moment! He just loves ripping paper.

I want him to see that Christmas is about sharing time with family and friends. And if there is an act of giving, that he needs to be gracious in accepting that gift and can't just rip open the present and then run off without saying thank you (not that he can run yet).

I want to take him to church (throughout Advent and not just on Christmas Day) - I want him to feel part of the community and to understand the story of Jesus.

I want him to think about others who are less fortunate then him - and when he gets older we will donate a few toys to the less fortunate in the lead up to Christmas to make way for new ones to come.

What do you think about Christmas? What traditions are you sharing with your children? Do you think that some people are getting a little carried away on the gifts front? What are you (or Santa) getting your children for Christmas?

Oh and if you've never read the blog Lay Baby Lay - then get over here and check out her awesome advent ideas.

On the 12th day of Christmas



source : http://bbc.co.uk, http://goodfoodweek.blogspot.com, http://reddit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

All content at imdelgado fasion style was found freely distributed on the internet and is presented for informational purposes only.
Images / photos / videos found in this site reserved by its respective owners.
We does not upload or host any files.
Home | DMCA | Contact