Tuesday 9 December 2014

Blog Hop: Why I write

You've probably seen these 'why I write' posts going around on the internet and surprisingly someone lovely stumbled across my blog and thought that I was a worthy blogger to pass this blog hop onto - so thanks so to Michele from Fine eating.
I love that there is a real community of bloggers growing in Canberra. There are food bloggers, fashion bloggers, craft bloggers and 'sass mouth' bloggers for want of a better term (thanks Stacey from The Veggie Mama for coining the term - not a Canberra blogger but an awesome blogger nevertheless).

We unfrortuntately had to cancel our last blogger catch up due to a serve weather warning in Canberra. But I love that we have the opportunity to catch up every now and again and each and every Canberra blogger is a great source of inspiration and knowledge and friendship - even if it's just on social media.

The blog Hop posed the following questions…

What I am working on?

At present, I am working on 'growing a baby'. And so, with this joy comes deadlines with which I need to work within. I am thinking that I might create a short series called '10 cafes before baby number two arrives'… yeah, I think I need to work on that name too.

But, basically I want to head out to an interesting cafe in Canberra for 10 weeks (one per week) before the baby is born - because I know that once the baby arrives we will probably be in lock down with two under two before I am able to face the world again.

I am also working on setting up 'guest posts' to appear on the blog for the first few weeks whilst I am adjusting to two under two… so if you're interested in doing a blog post centred around my main themes of; recipes, gardening, motherhood or life - pop me an email.

How does my writing differ from others in the genre?

I don't really know how my writing differs from others in my genre. I write a recipe post like a recipe post and I draw inspiration for other posts from some of my favourite bloggers like; Retromummy, BabyMac, WoogsWorld, The Veggie Mama, Mamamia - so I guess my style may sometimes reflect these bloggers.

Why do I write?

I began blogging as a way of sharing my recipes with family and friends who lived in other states or countries.

My writing has evolved over the years to contain my ramblings as I’ve searched for a house, planned the perfect veggie patch, stumbled through farmer's markets with my eye half open (because you need to be there at 6am to get the fresh eggs), gathered family and friends around a shared table, laughed out loud and enjoyed life to the fullest!

I love the sense of community that I get from being a blogger and I love that I can voice my opinions on things - whilst being a stay-at-home-mum. Because, let's face it - you can't get a simulating conversation out of a 14 month old.

How does my writing process work?

Some times I am so prepared about what I want to write - I plan out the recipe, go shopping, make sure I take lots of images and then I blog about it. Other times, I sit down with a cup of tea (whilst Mr Moo is napping) and scour the internet for topics that interest me.

And then other times, I just blurt things down onto the computer screen and they sit in my draft folder for days, weeks or even months before they are revised and published or deleted.

Now it’s time to pass on the Blog Hop baton…

Linda from Laluuu


Blog Hop: Why I write

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

All content at imdelgado fasion style was found freely distributed on the internet and is presented for informational purposes only.
Images / photos / videos found in this site reserved by its respective owners.
We does not upload or host any files.
Home | DMCA | Contact