Thursday 17 September 2015

[mint] You can insult me, but don't insult my food

imdelgado.blogspot.com - When we were little my mum and my brother (aged approximately 5 years old) had a fight. He said that mum was ugly, she said she didn't care. He said that mum's garden was ugly, and he was sent to his room! Later that day, mum found a note in our letterbox from 'Don Burke' (aka my brother) saying that her garden was beautiful. We all knew not to insult mum's garden.
An insult is an expression, statement (or sometimes behavior) which is considered degrading, offensive and impolite. Insults (sometimes called "cracks" "remarks" or one-liners)may be intentional or accidental

I kinda feel like you can insult me - but don't insult my food, because that I just can not take.

I remember when I was at uni and I cooked a few meals for a guy, and then down the track he tells people how I was a terrible cook and that I served hard pasta.

Firstly, I never cooked this guy pasta. And secondly, I don't think this guy really knew me at all if he thought that I couldn't cook (let alone boil water for pasta).

I love throwing dinner parties and cooking for my friends - friends who appreciate my food, who have been part of my food journey, who pushed me to audition for Masterchef (Andy - the winner of last season - and I auditioned together), who encourage me here on my blog (and face to face).

I do not like cooking for those who do not appreciate my food - their insults are a slap in the face to the time and effort that I have put into cooking for them (with a teething 5 month old).

I often find that these people's insults fall into the impolite catergory... Although they don't think that they are being impolite (and so would consider these insults 'accidental' rather than intentional). But they are impolite and I wonder how they have gotten away with it for so long?

Some of you might think that I should just tell these people that they are insulting, but I just wouldn't know how to go about it?

So I am throwing it out there to the blogging community - how should I approach situations where people's remarks are insulting?

You can insult me, but don't insult my food

source : http://goodfoodweek.blogspot.com, http://flickr.com, http://twitter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

All content at imdelgado fasion style was found freely distributed on the internet and is presented for informational purposes only.
Images / photos / videos found in this site reserved by its respective owners.
We does not upload or host any files.
Home | DMCA | Contact