Sunday 7 December 2014

Review: The Flute

Some of you will be familiar with the lovely Flute bakery in Fyshwick. I frequented this store quiet regularly when I used to work in Fyshwick and it was always a pleasant experience - but I wonder if this was because I would always come in grab my lunch (and a cake or two) and then leave? Can you shop at The Flute and eat your cake too? I was in Fyshwick the other day with some time to kill and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to stop off at The Flute and grab some lunch with Mr Moo.

At $8.50, I think their triple sandwich combo is a steal with its great flavour combos of chicken salad, ham, cheese and salad and Reuben. I am so glad that Canberrans are jumping on the Reuben band wagon !
For those of you who don't know the Reuben sandwich is traditionally a hot sandwich of corned beef, Swiss cheese with Russian dressing, and sauerkraut. These are delightful fillings are typically grilled between slices of rye bread - although several variants exist.
I picked up an extra seeded dinner roll so that we could share the four small rolls between the two of us along with a delicious coffee and a bottle of mineral water.
Although the cafe was empty - with ample seating both inside and out - it seemed that the staff (in particular, the woman behind the counter serving), were a little perturbed that we decided to sit down and stay to enjoy our lunch.
I wondered if it was because I had a toddler and that he had already tried to escape for the door when I was ordering, as I came in without the pram (as there are steps at the entry way)?
But about 10 minutes later, a gentleman (who looked to work in the area) came in with his elderly parents to grab a coffee and some cakes. When the gentleman asked where the toilets were, he was directed to 'head up to Bunnings'…
It didn't seem like they wanted anyone to stay and enjoy their delicious treats in store - sad because there is ample seating and it would make a great place for Mums and Bubs to catch up, grab a decent coffee and a marvellous slice of something sweet. Sadly, this is my first cafe that I wouldn't head back to with a toddler (or any other person).
Review: The Flute

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

All content at imdelgado fasion style was found freely distributed on the internet and is presented for informational purposes only.
Images / photos / videos found in this site reserved by its respective owners.
We does not upload or host any files.
Home | DMCA | Contact